1. First cook the pasta according to packet instructions until al dante, drain, rinse with cold water to cool it down, then set aside.
2. Prepare your salad veggies for the pasta salad by dicing and slicing them up.
3. Add all the pesto ingredients to a jug, then using a hand stick blender, blend everything until smooth and creamy. Taste to add more salt/chilli flakes.
4. Add the pasta and salad veggies to a large mixing bowl, plus any protein you are using, then gently stir in the creamy avocado pesto. Enjoy!!
If you would like the crispy baked salt and pepper chickpeas added
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C can/400F/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
2. Drain and rinse a 400g can chickpeas, then dry them using a clean tea towel.
3. Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, season with sea salt & cracked black pepper.
4. Place them onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 mins until crispy.